Well, it’s finally time to get back out there shooting again, at my favorite place on the planet to shoot. Maui!!!
We leave Sunday morning, and earlier this week I started packing up my camera gear and getting it ready for the journey west. I’ve always brought a lot of tech toys with me on our Maui trips, but this year more than ever, it seems to be almost all I’m bringing with. I took a few shots of the camera gear I’m bringing this trip, along with an inventory just to make sure everything makes it back. Photos and details below.
First up, my two DSLR cameras. This will be my first trip carrying two, and while they won’t both be going everywhere with me, it will come in handy in a few key situations.
- Canon EOS 20D Body
- Angle C Finder
- Remote Switch RS-80N3 (for 20D)
- USB Cable for 20D
- AC Wall Charger CG-580 (for 20D)
- Additional Battery BP-511A (for 20D)
- Canon Rebel XSi Body
- Speedlite 430EX II
- Canon Powershot SD890 IS
- AC Wall Charger CB-2LX (for SD 890)
- Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
- Canon EF 18-55mm (bringing the IS model from my XSi, though)
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
- AC Power Adapter ACK-E2 (for 20D)
- AC Power Adapter ACK-E5 (for XSi)
- USB + Video Cables for XSi
- Remote Switch RC-1 (for XSi)
- AC Wall Charger LC-E5 (for XSi)
- Additional Battery LP-E5 (for XSi)
In addition to the camera tech, I’m also bringing our HDD video camera, too.
- Sony HDD HandyCam DCR-SR82
- HandyCam Station + AC Charger + USB Cable
- Standard Battery NP-FH40
- Extended Battery NP-FH70
- Video Light HVL-HL1
- Wide Angle Conversion Lens x0.6 VCL-HA06
- Telephoto Conversion Lens x2.0 VCL-2030x
- Filter ND8 30mm
- UV Protector 30mm
- RCA Video/Audio Cable
Things are getting a little crowded here, aren’t they? Here’s a list of the filters I’m bringing for my different lenses.
- 52mm Quantarray UV Filter
- 52mm Quantarray Circular Polarizer
- 58mm Qunatarray Circular Polarizer
- 58mm Hoya Circular Polaraizer
- 58mm Canon UV Haze Filter (2x)
- 77mm Tiffen Neutral Density 0.3 Filter
- 77mm Hoya Circular Polarizer
- 77mm Hoya UV Haze Filter
In addition to everything above, I’ve also rented the following gear from CameraLensRentals, which is making the trip with me.
- Canon 400mm f/5.6L Telephoto Lens
- Canon 1.4x II Extender
- Giottos Tripod MT-8340
Why all this stuff?
I plan on covering quite a bit of ground during our two weeks on Maui, including a wide arrange of shooting conditions, subjects, and locations. Pretty amazing for such a small island, actually. Everything you see above is being brought along for one or more of those different situations, and while I wish I had the time to list them all out now, I’ll have to save that for future posts.